In 2011 the Government announced the introduction of Pupil Premium funding to support policies directed at disadvantaged pupils. This additional funding is provided to :
- raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap with their peers.
- support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces.
For the academic year 2015-16 the grants received per pupil are as follows:
|Pupils in years 7-11 recorded as Ever 6 FSM||£935|
Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority.
Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
|Pupil in reception to year 11 recorded as Ever 5 Service Child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.||£300|
At Prenton High School for Girls we aim to raise the attainment, progress and aspirations of disadvantaged students by providing :
- high quality personalised teaching and learning that meets the needs of all students, including Pupil Premium students
- personalised intervention for students who need additional support in identified areas
- a wide range of enrichment opportunities that enable Pupil Premium students to take part in different activities they may not have had the chance to experience before.