At Prenton High School there is a dedicated team that co-ordinates the delivery of careers advice, but all staff will help students with career guidance and future pathway choices. Our Future Pathways programme aims to deliver a wide range of activities and information that fully prepares our students for their post 16 options and future careers. It aims to inspire, raise aspirations and challenge students’ perceptions about a broad range of possible future pathways, and provide them with all the information they will need when leaving school. The key aims of the programme are:
- To deliver personalised, impartial careers advice to all students so they can make informed decisions about their post-16 choices.
- To develop links with local employers, ex-students and external agencies to help inform students of possible career options.
- To develop the life skills and behaviours students will need for working in modern Britain.
- To continually analyse the impact of our Future Pathways programme and to develop the programme in line with current guidelines.
Throughout their time at Prenton High School our students will take part in a range of activities and receive information that helps them make informed choices about their future pathways and also gain experience of the world of work. These include:
- A range of Enterprise activities to promote business acumen and work related skills.
- Form time programmes of study informing students of future pathways and options.
- An option choices programme in year 9 that includes assemblies and a subject taster day to help students decide which subjects to take at GCSE.
- Personalised careers interviews with Career Connect in year 10 and 11.
- A work experience placement in year 10 co-ordinated by external provider ‘MPloy’.
- A Future Pathways day in year 11 preparing students for post-16 destinations, including a mock interview, CV writing and talks with ex-students and local employers
- A range of activities and external trips run by and to local universities, colleges, local businesses and Wirral Young Chamber.
Below are a range of useful websites that can provide information about Future Pathways.
Careers Information Websites
Local Colleges and Applying to College
|Wirral Young Chamber||Wirral Job Vacancies|
|Local Job Vacancies|
|Barclays Lifeskills||Young Enterprise|
|Careers and Enterprise Company|