At Prenton High School there is a dedicated team that co-ordinates the delivery of careers advice, but all staff will help students with career guidance and future pathway choices. Our Future Pathways programme aims to deliver a wide range of activities and information that fully prepares our students for their post 16 options and future careers. It aims to inspire, raise aspirations and challenge students’ perceptions about a broad range of possible future pathways, and provide them with all the information they will need when leaving school. The key aims of the programme are:
- To deliver personalised, impartial careers advice to all students so they can make informed decisions about their post-16 choices.
- To develop links with local employers, ex-students and external agencies to help inform students of possible career options.
- To develop the life skills and behaviours students will need for working in modern Britain.
- To continually analyse the impact of our Future Pathways programme and to develop the programme in line with current guidelines.
A full version of the CEIAG programme is available here.
Throughout their time at Prenton High School our students will take part in a range of activities and receive information that helps them make informed choices about their future pathways and also gain experience of the world of work. These include:
- A range of Enterprise activities to promote business acumen and work related skills.
- Form time programmes of study informing students of future pathways and options.
- An option choices programme in year 9 that includes assemblies and a subject taster day to help students decide which subjects to take at GCSE.
- Personalised careers interviews with MPloy in year 10 and 11.
- A work experience placement in year 10 coordinated by external provider MPloy.
- A Future Pathways day in year 11 preparing students for post-16 destinations, including a mock interview, CV writing and talks with ex-students and local employers
- A range of activities and external trips run by and to local universities, colleges, local businesses and Wirral Young Chamber.
Below are a range of useful websites that can provide information about Future Pathways.
Careers Information Websites
Local Colleges and Applying to College
|Wirral Young Chamber||Wirral Job Vacancies|
|Local Job Vacancies|
|Barclays Lifeskills||Young Enterprise|
|Careers and Enterprise Company|