At Prenton High School we have a dedicated Careers & Enterprise Lead who co-ordinates the delivery of careers advice. In addition to this, all of our staff will support students with career guidance and future pathway choices. You can find out more about Miss Goode’s role by watching this video and her contact details are at the bottom of this page.
Our Future Pathways programme aims to deliver a wide range of activities and information that fully prepares our students for their post 16 options and future careers. It aims to inspire, raise aspirations and challenge students’ perceptions about a broad range of possible future pathways, and provide them with all the information they will need when leaving school. The key aims of the programme are:
- To deliver personalised, impartial careers advice to all students so they can make informed decisions about their post-16 choices.
- To develop links with local employers, ex-students and external agencies to help inform students of possible career options.
- To develop the life skills and behaviours students will need for working in modern Britain.
- To continually analyse the impact of our Future Pathways programme and to develop the programme in line with current guidelines.
Throughout their time at Prenton High School our students will take part in a range of activities and receive information that helps them make informed choices about their future pathways and also gain experience of the world of work. These include:
- A range of Enterprise activities to promote business acumen and work related skills.
- Form time programmes of study informing students of future pathways and options.
- An option choices programme in year 9 that includes assemblies and a subject taster day to help students decide which subjects to take at GCSE.
- Personalised careers interviews with MPloy in year 10 and 11.
- A work experience placement in year 10 coordinated by external provider MPloy.
- A Future Pathways day in year 11 preparing students for post-16 destinations, including a mock interview, CV writing and talks with ex-students and local employers
- A range of activities and external trips run by and to local universities, colleges, local businesses and Wirral Young Chamber
For more information contact:
Careers & Enterprise Lead
Tel: 07341 867 285